Welcome to Le Grand Hibou! Come and relax in the charm and comfort of this ancient barn converted into a beautiful architect-designed house with a view of the village, the Priory and the bay. Pleasant to live in, bright and cozy, you are just a few steps from the hiking trails, the bay and the departures for the famous walks acorss the bay towards Mont Saint Michel.
• A beautiful space with a large modern kitchen, dining room and living room with a tv and library. This warm and bright living area leads onto the terrace and garden with its fish pond. The garden accesses a quiet and charming little street at the back of the village.
• A nice bedroom with 2 single beds, a wardrobe and a closed toilet with small sink, overlooking the terrace and garden.
• A large master bedroom with a double bed, a wardrobe and a unique view on the priory and its garden. The bedroom, has its own private bathroom with a large walk-in shower, a sink and a closed toilet.
• A second bedroom with two single beds/double bed, a wardrobe and the same view on the priory and its garden.
• A bathroom with bath/shower, sink, toilet and towel dryer.
In the house :
• wifi and tv
• the beds will be made for your arrival
• bath mat
• soap and toilet paper
• hair dryer
• coffee, tea, sugar
• tea towels
• washing machine
• iron and small ironing board
• vacuum, mop and cleaning products (organic and not tested on animals)
• clothes drying rack
• electric heating
In the garden :
• charcoal barbecue
• terrace with table and chairs
• 2 deckchairs
• drying rack for your clothes
• fish pond
• direct access to the GR223 walking trail
Please note :
• Cleaning service is not included in the price. You can choose to leave the house clean or pay €45 in cash upon arrival.
• Free street parking right in front of the house
• There are no safety barriers at the stairs
• The price is for a couple/double bed. If there are two of you and you wish to use the 2 rooms, allow an additional €15 upon arrival
• We live in the village, so we're never far away if you need anything!
Saint Léonard is a charming village with a magnificent view of the bay, Mont Saint Michel and Tombelaine.
Come discover :
• The Ecomusée de la Baie, a museum on the history and nature of the bay, the traditional trades of fishing and salt making
• The Café de la Baie set up in a 2cv van managed by your host Luke, come and taste some great local organic products with a fantastic view on the bay and the Mont Saint Michel
• La Galerie MLC a little but very interesting art galery run by our wonderful neighbours Martine and Eric
• Un Autre Salon and Saint Léna, a hair salon and an atypical souvenir shop
• The CaraMeuh farm which produces organic salted butter caramels and cheese
There is so much to do and see in the region, here are just a few of our suggestions :
• Mont Saint-Michel and the famous walks accross the bay. It’s a unique and memorable experience to do with an approved guide
• Granville, a pretty town with a working port and artisinal shops and cafés as well as the Christian Dior museum.
• Chausey Islands, an archipelago with no cars, lovely beaches, great walks, it's magical place to spend the day.
• Discover the famous manuscripts of Mont Saint-Michel at the Scriptorial museum in Avranches.
• Saint-Malo, superb corsair town with its port, its ramparts, its beautiful beaches and its Aquarium.
• En route take the time to visit Cancale for its seafood and famous oysters.
• Dinard, Dinan and Rennes are very beautiful cities with rich historical and architectural heritage.
• We are only 2 hours from the landing beaches and military cemeteries as well as Bayeux and its famous 70m long Tapestry dating to the 11th century.
• And then there are the abbeys, the century-old churches, our pretty villages, beautiful forests, superb beaches, numerous hiking trails, flea markets, shows, village festivals, artists, local markets
• There is no shortage of fun activities : horse riding, boat trips, hot air ballooning, parachuting, rock climbing, water sports, sailing, fishing, kayaking, tennis, mountain biking, and much more
Don’t hesitate to ask us for advice!
Wireless Broadband Internet
Parking & facilities
Parking-on-street , Parking included
Bathroom & laundry
Bed linen, Hair dryer, Essentials, Iron & Board , Washing machine
Heating & cooling
Internet & office
Wireless Broadband Internet
Kitchen & dining
Coffee machine, Cooking utensils, Dishwasher, Kitchen stove, Oven , Refrigerator
Check-in: 02:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM